Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Reflections: of an Ohio Christmas

Well, I survived another holiday season (minus new years eve). I ate my fair share of holiday ham, sweet potatoes, stuffing (or dressing) depending on where you live, cookies, egg nog and my favorite mom's birthday cake. I want to reflect for a minute on why I'm so thankful to be where I am in life.

My parents have given me a great life, I've worked hard to earn their trust and respect as a young man and I appreciate all their support, care and guidance in my life. Christmas makes me extra aware of how good I have it. I love spending time with the family and being home from college. Although we all live busy lives and even when I'm home I stay plenty busy working and socializing with friends. We even managed to get our family organized enough for a family picture after Christmas eve service at church

I reflected over the holiday about how far we have come in the last year as a family, a business and as individuals. I am extremely excited to be a sophomore at OSU and now a member of Phi Theta Kappa. I am also excited about my new interest and passion for "agvocating" as it is now known. I hope that I can continue in the future to be a productive and successful advocate for agriculture.

I'm excited about 2011 and what it has in store for me. There are a lot of opportunities for me to advance my knowledge, skills and relationships in the industry one of which is through transferring to main campus in Columbus, OH from ATI in Wooster, OH where I study now. The more I try to reflect on my  blog posts as well as others I have read this year I think its very important that I ask for advice from the followers and readers of this blog. What topics have interested you in the past about agriculture? My blog is not designed to always be about the H$U$. That is simply another topic I choose to cover. I'd be glad to talk about something people want to know more about, see more pictures of, or simply cover things we do on our farm sort of as routine duties. Any thoughts and advice is great.

I have also been thinking about my new years resolutions. I'm still working on them but don't worry I'm sure I'll be blogging about them soon. If you are thinking of your new years resolutions, think of things like "thanking a farmer a week", getting involved in a blog or at least devote to reading a couple, or siply find out more about the ag industry. Hopefully I can help give some pointers and some healthy thought on some subjects. Until then though, Enjoy some pictures from a Christmas in Ohio.

Bre & I before Christmas Eve service
 Columbus Zoo for Wildlights a few weeks ago
 Mom was born on Christmas so dad (Charles Wildman) made her a birthday cake (not burnt)
 My Grandpa, happy as ever on Christmas morning
 Dad's 2nd Christmas creation (jello w/ cherries sunk in multiple layers, shaped like Christmas tree) & dad's 3rd creation (mint pudding glasses for dessert)

No comments:

Post a Comment