Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekend in Wooster

This winter weather just keeps on rolling. Good thing I can stay warm in my apartment in Wooster and spend time connecting with my friends and fellow agvocates on the internet!

This was a great week for me, I got to start participating in agchat which was a blast and I look forward to doing it again! I also was able to work with Emily Brinkman (formerly of OSU-ATI, now studying at Oklahoma State University) to create a blog header for my blog and I'm impressed by the work she did for it. I think it looks great! Thanks a bunch Emily!!!!

 I got a bunch of homework done and was rewarded by going to the Dusty Armadillo for a concert. My self, my girlfriend and a bunch of others went up for the Brantley Gilbert concert and we were absolutely amazed at how hard he rocks, how great he sings and how strong a his fan base is in a state that has had him play two shows in his career here. I love his music and I suggest it to anyone who enjoys southern rock, backwoods country, nitty gritty or even a little acoustic country. He played a great show and I can't wait to see him again in concert. You may not recognize his name, but his music is now being played by Jason Aldean, so perhaps you've heard some of the songs he wrote. The song "My Kinda Party" was written and originally recorded and cut by Brantley along with the song "Dirt Road Anthem"  by Brantley Gilbert & Colt Ford.

So if you are looking for some music to "chill on a back road" to, I suggest you listen to brantley Gilbert and Colt Ford. Google them, find them on youtube, and enjoy your winter weather with some great country tunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment