Thursday, November 17, 2011

November: A Time Of Thanks

So as fall quarter continues to roll on, now getting close to the end, I have a few things to look forward to. First, it's November which means my 21st birthday (monday), My sisters birthday, OSU basketball (sorry Florida), and hopefully an OSU BIG TEN football championship birth! But most importantly I am looking forward to Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because while I'm able to spend time with my family I always get a chance to remember just how lucky I am to have a great family, friends and great food. So this year I will be doing something a little different. Instead of giving thanks this month, I will be giving #foodthanks to all the producers of  food in this great country. I am proud to serve the country as a producer, an innovator, an entrepreneur, and an agvocate. I am blessed to raise food in such a great country and work with such great people within agriculture. Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same without the poultry, pork, potato,  vegetable and so many other types of agricultural producers. I give you all my #foodthanks this holiday season.

If you're like me, you realize how important it is to have a safe, secure source of food. I know through personal experience that the best food we could ever eat is the food grown locally right here in our country. I give thanks this season and eat it proudly.

So until next time, My challenge to all my readers is to find a producer or farmer or someone in agriculture and give them your #foodthanks this holiday season and enjoy a great holiday season with your families or wherever you may find yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment