Friday, August 19, 2011

Headed to Nashville

This summer I've had several new experiences in my life. I began working with horses, which I never thought I would do. I also became involved in Alpha Gamma Rho (AGR) fraternity at The Ohio State University and I am looking forward to joining the fraternity this fall when I go back to school. I've taken my social media skills to a new level thanks to training from The National Pork Board.

 I am packing today for another training in Nashville with a group called Agchat Foundation. I was told to bring my laptop, camera, ipad, notebook, pen, paper, power strip, smartphone, dumbphone, and questions for anything I want to learn or know about social media and how we can reach more consumers and producers alike.

This excites me because I am always looking for new ways to talk to people. I love meeting new people, and I love using social media. Well as it turns out, so do the other 100+ attendees at the Agchat Foundation's conference. I posted a while back about the online "watering hole" that is social media, this conference is the biggest watering hole I have attended and I'm extremely excited about it.

I plan on learning how to upgrade my blog and integrate it into other areas of social media. I'm interested in learning youtube and beginning to make my own videos about production and farming. I also want to make as many friends and connections as possible at this training.

Anyone interested in seeing what we are going to be talking about and following along with our conversations on twitter or even want to join in them you can look up the hashtag #acfc11 and follow along. I will take photos and share what I learn in a future post. I can't wait to write more about this great experience.


1 comment:

  1. Have a great time. I hope you'll post some of your most valuable tips!
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete