Friday, July 12, 2013

Adventurous Times

I often use the phrase "never a dull moment" when referring to my life back home both on the farm and while at school. That phrase has definitely transferred into my work life as well! Which is good, because it keeps me on my feet and excited about the next day.

Telling sponsors what the first hand experience has been like
This week at the Pig Adventure, we held an event for all the industry donors who have given financial support to help take the Pig Adventure from a dream to a reality. That event meant that people from all over the pig industry gathered in Fair Oaks, IN to hear get the official tour of the Pig Adventure.


Many people came to see specific things, but everyone was interested in hearing what we had learned about the perception of modern day pig farms from our regular visitors. I took great delight in being able to answer those questions, and used that time to tell people what I had noticed. My previous blog post eludes to many of the things I feel to be true about what I am seeing on a daily basis.

We are also finishing our second week of being open to public tours this week and I am proud to say that in the past ten day, more than 7,000 people have come through the doors of the Pig Adventure and seen first-hand what happens inside a modern day pig farm.

It has been great to see all of these pieces come together on the agri-tourism side of my adventure this summer. I am so happy to be a part of the many great things to be coming for the Fair Oaks family as well. I really can't wait to see what the next week will bring as there is always something exciting and interesting going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment