Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Resolutions…and so much more!

2013 was a wonderful year for me. I was able to explore many new places through spring break vacation to Texas & Oklahoma, then spending my summer at Fair Oaks Farms in Northwest Indiana. I was able to be on the front end of an industry changing movement at Fair Oaks when we opened the Pig Adventure. I was also able to spend a good deal of time on the farm helping out my father and learning realizing that there is still so much that I have no clue how to do on the farm I've grown up on.

2013 also introduced me to my girlfriend, whom I am ever thankful for. We have made a lot of memories at Ohio State and we both plan to make many more memories after we graduate in May.

But when I look at 2014 on a calendar, it appears to be much slower for me than 2013 was. I'm ok with that. I am hoping to spend a little time traveling this year, and once I graduate I will hopefully be moving out of state, which will lead to many new adventures again.

2013 has helped me renew my interest in reading. While I was out at Fair Oaks, my boss told me that the man who reads is better equipped to fight the struggles of the world than any other man is. If you have faith and knowledge, your influence can be endless.

 So for 2014, I want to commit to reading some books in '14. Some of those books include:

  1. Moral Courage by Kidder
  2. The Heaven Trilogy by Ted Dekker
  3. Never Eat Alone by Kieth Ferrazzi
  4. Leadership From the Inside Out by Kevin Cashman
  5. Crossroads by William Paul Young
  6. Fool Me Twice by Shawn Lawrence Otto
  7. Rush Revere by Rush Limbaugh
  8. Brick By Brick by David C Robinson
  9. Three by Ted Dekker

I also am going to commit myself to blogging more frequently. As it appears my school schedule will allow more time for these things this year, I hope that I am able to blog every week this year! I believe that there will be a lot of fun things to read, write and participate in this year. 

I want to travel. I have always loved being able to go and see new things and learn about the diversity across our country and the history of different regions. I am already planning a trip out to Manhattan, KS with Ohio State and a spring break trip to San Antonio, TX to visit some close friends. I can't wait to spend time with those closest to me while journeying across the country.

Thanks to all those who have read my blog in the past year, I hope you enjoyed it. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make it better, please email me and let me know! If there is something you'd like to have my perspective on, let me know and hopefully I can write about it!

Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment