Saturday, January 3, 2015

4 For 15

Goals, resolutions, changes, “new me” and “no looking back” are just a few of the many terms I seem to hear non stop as we start out this year. I like making new plans, setting goals and believe it or not, checking them off the list is even enjoyable.

However, I worry that too many people spend too much time putting too much detail into them. Which sometimes leads to unachievable goals, confusion of what the true goal is and even excuses for not completing those goals.

There’s a very trusted model that we use at work to promote creativity, collaboration and a fun work environment. It’s a model that we’re all familiar with. The KISS model.

That’s right, KISS, or as it goes…Keep It Simple Stupid. So as I write down my long bullet point list of goals for 2015, I am reminded that nothing beats being able to quickly summarize things and make your plan memorable.

So, I want to share with you my 4 goals for 2015….
1.     Make Continuous Improvements – Be it my professional life, my spiritual life, or my personal life and relationships, I want to make continuous improvements in my life so that I can be a better leader in everything I do
2.     Join A Church – Life in Iowa is great, I have a nice apartment, a good job that I enjoy and a beautiful fiancé. However, it just doesn’t quite feel like home. Perhaps that is because I’m not used to apartment living in a city, but I think one of the main contributing factors is that I haven’t been able to call a church home yet. I’ve been attending a wonderful church called Point of Grace and I have made some great friends there. I hope that I can soon call that place my church and continue to worship and serve the Lord with my friends

3.      Marry My Best Friend  - Abby and I plan on getting married in October, but there is plenty of preparing to do between now and then! October will be the month I check a lot of things off the list this year. I can’t wait to start the rest of my life with Abby as my wife

4.     Enjoy The Ride – I’m very blessed to be in the place I am, with the people I am and to have the relationships and freedoms that I do. I think the most important thing I can do this year is look toward the future with optimism and enjoy the ride as life continues to bring new and exciting things my way


Planning for my blog has come a long way in the past few weeks and I am very excited to share new topics and thoughts throughout the year.  So here’s to the New Year, let it be the best one yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment