Monday, July 4, 2011

Update From The Farm

It's been a while since I posted my last blog. I have been extremely busy with my new job at the hippotherapy place as well as helping my dad on our own farm. I'm, learning so much about working for other people besides my parents, as well as working with horses. Both of these things are new to me and I admit, its taken a little time for me to adjust to it. I think I've adjusted very well and things are going very smoothly.

 I have been working on several projects at Steps To Your Dreams as farm manager. These projects have ranged from daily chores to long term projects that we plan on finishing by the end of summer. As I work towards these goals I have rediscovered my need for patience while working on the farm. While I keep owrking on these projects I will try to post more about what I learn and do.

I have been having trouble loading pictures onto my blog, so I have been putting pictures on facebook so if you're interested in pics of what I've been doing I would love to hear your comments and questions. My facebook link is http://www.facebook.com/sam.wildman1

On our farm at home, I've been busy running errands for the farm and picking up loose ends as well as giving some relief to dad as we finished our field work. All the 28 has been applied, crops sprayed and looking good as of July 4th.

PBS TV has been spending time over the past month video taping our family and getting footage from the hog farm as part of a documentary on their farm families. I have had minimal involvement in this due to my job off the farm but have had fun and learned a lot from the conversations I've had with the tv crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment